Sunday, April 08, 2012
And your match ups will be...
The hardest path to a championship begins on Wednesday, a two month marathon that will leave but two teams standing for the claim to Lord Stanley's Trophy for hockey excellence.
Here's the match ups as determined after Saturday nights ice chips finally settled back on on the ice.
The schedule for this years playoff competition is to be unveiled by the NHL at 1 PM ET (10 AM PT) live on the NHL Network or streamed online at NHL.com
(1) New York Rangers and (8) Ottawa Senators
(2) Boston and (7) Washington
(3) Florida and (6) New Jersey
(4) Pittsburgh and (5) Philadelphia
(1) Vancouver and (8) Los Angeles
(2) St. Louis and (7) San Jose
(3) Phoenix and (6) Chicago
(4) Nashville and (5) Detroit
Over the next few days we'll outline each individual series and offer up our thoughts on the teams involved, as well as provide some background from the two competing cities.